Monday 14 March 2011

Where do I go from here?...

The two days of Emerging Technologies workshop are now done so the big question is what am I going to do with this new knowledge.  I am pleased with what I learned in the workshop; it allowed each student to "tailor make" their own program in a way. 

My goal in learning about 2.0 was to find new tools to motivate and engage the learning of my adult basic education students.  I feel this was accomplised.  My own comfort level grew exponentially in the past few weeks; I am excited about my learning and am eager to pass this on.

I am in the process of setting up a classroom wiki.  I want to use this as a way to maintain communication with my students.  I also look forward to using Blogger with them.  I am going to have them all set up a blog of their own. My students need to spend more time reading and writing but pencil and paper is monotonous so I look forward to using technology to teach, motivate, and learn with my adult learners.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Annette for the praise on my slide show about how to search and request a book. I think this would be a great thing to have on the library website.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff. Let us know how you're students respond to the wiki and blogs, will you?

    ReplyDelete