Sunday 6 March 2011

Today I checked out Flickr

Yesterday, I created this blog.  In the past 24 hours I realized that it is so much more than a blog.  The blog is the chronicle of my findings in Web 2.0 (my toolbox, right Jordan).  I guess I should have given it another name.  At the time I started I was thinking I was going to create a blog explaining how to create a blog. Since this is all new to me, I thought it would have straight forward instructions that I would be able to share with my Adult Basic Education students.  Initially, I thought I would like to see them blogging to increase their writing time and medium of doing so.  This still is a professional goal for me.  Firstly, however, I need to learn more and become comfortable in this element, so as today's title says, today the topic was Flickr.

I had thought that Flickr may be a good way for me to store and organize my photos.  After working on that site I do not see it being any better than what I presently use.  Right now I organize, edit, save and print my photos with the Kodak Easy Share software that came with my camera.  Granted, this is what I have been using for 5 years it it is quite easy for me to use.  I don't see the reason to change.  I already save photos on the web to share with family and friends through Facebook and Flickr could not offer me any better options with storage and editing.
I am curious, do any of my followers us Flickr to store and edit your own photos?

1 comment: